Last week I realized I only had about 8 weeks until our family vacation to the Outer Banks and the thought of being in a bikini almost made me feel sick. Yes, I have lost all my baby weight. Yes, I weigh less than I did prior to having a baby. Yes, that’s great. But no, I don’t feel confident enough to be in a bikini or any bathing suit for that matter so we decided it was crunch time. We are both working out again but I’m a firm believer that abs are made in the kitchen and well, I hate working out hardcore so I have to eat cleaner.
I’ve had this recipe for a while and I honestly don’t remember where it came from otherwise I would give credit where credit is due. You can obviously tweak this to whatever fits your dietary needs or wants but this is how I make them.
- ¾ cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- ½ cup skim milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- ¼ cup truvia baking blend (sugar)
- 1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Handful of walnuts for topping (optional)
- Handful of dark chocolate chips for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bananas, milk, oil, egg and vanilla; mix well, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and remaining ingredients.
- Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until they are just combined.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray (or use paper liners/silicone cups) and divide the batter evenly among the nine cups.
- Bake 16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
I love walnuts in these but Cary doesn’t like walnuts so I topped mine with them and his with chocolate prior to putting them in the oven. Teagan also loved these muffins and I feel good about giving them to her because I know exactly what is in them. Also I highly recommend getting some silicone baking cups if you don’t have them, they make life so much easier! These are my favorite ones. Happy Clean Eating! 🙂